We understand the construction industry like the back of our hand
JTS’ founder has many years of experience in the local engineering and construction management industry. A Seattle native, she believes in giving back to the community. As a community member, JTS continues to be recognized for its dedication to building strong communities and outstanding business practices.
- In 2012, Tanya Jimale, CEO and President of JTS, is a Finalist for the 2012 Nellie Business Woman of the Year Award which is sponsored by Women Business Owners. Tanya Jimale was nominated by Michelle Bomberger, Managing Attorney at Equinox Business Law.
- In 2012, JTS was listed as a Seattle Jobs Initiative Premier Employer Partner.
- In 2011, City of Seattle Nominee for the Mayor's 12th Annual Inner City 100.
- In 2011, JTS was a King County Nominee for the 2011 Woman Owned Business of the Year Award.
- In October 2010, JTS was recommended by the City of Seattle Mayor’s Office to be one of three woman-owned small businesses to participate in a “Backyard Chat” with President Barack Obama on a visit to Seattle .
- In 2009 winner of Northwest Minority Supplier Business Council, Supplier of the Year, revenue less than $1 million.
- In 2007, JTS received the City of Seattle’s Best Small Business Mayor’s Award for it progressive and ethical business practices.
- In recognition of its work mentoring interns, JTS was awarded the 2006 Seattle Jobs Initiative Champion of the Year - Opening Doors to Living Wage Careers.
- JTS was recognized in both the December 2005 and December 2006 editions of the Puget Sound Business Journal as one of the top 25 “Fastest Growing Minority-Owned Businesses” in Washington State.
- In 2005, the Northwest Minority Business Council awarded JTS with a scholarship to The Tuck School of Business at Dartmouth College, Building a High-Performing Business: Minority Business Executive Program.
- In 2002, the Urban Enterprise Center (Greater Seattle Chamber of Commerce) awarded JTS with the prestigious Safeco Minority Best Business Practice Award for Outstanding Business Practices.